Here’s another great Photoshop tutorial if you are interested to learn Digital Image compositing.
A beautiful evil winged angel with a sword. An imposing gargoyle statue in the background. A dark apocalyptic setting. It’s an intriguing & captivating fantasy theme for sure!
A favourite of my favourites, it certainly deserves a DO-DID-DONE Top recommendation for its great learning & entertainment value.
You will like:
- The great fantasy theme as mentioned
- Clear instructions in the video and an accompanying text tutorial
- The good steady pace which makes it is easy to follow
- The many techniques & tricks to learn, especially to blend everything together in a realistic scene & environment
- It is not too lengthy (41m 07s) for a tutorial that covers so much
- The stock images used are provided (Hint: the link is in the video description)
- You can do magic and the final result is a work of art
- A fun project for your artistic creations
Same criteria as my other post > Magic Forest
It helps if you are working with dual monitors. One for the video & the other for Photoshop to follow along.
Let’s create some magic!
Skill level: Intermediate. It is expected that you will be able to extract the stock images from their background. You will also learn some Beauty retouch techniques too.
Tools: Pen, Transform, Gaussian Blur, Hue/Saturation, Curves, Levels, Color Fill, Smart Object, Mixer Brush, Eraser, Brush, Gradient Map, Dodge, Burn
Techniques: Clipping Mask, Smooth skin, Makeup, Add hair, Add Wings, Create Shadows, Layer Grouping
Andrei has graciously provided the steps in his text tutorial. It is a fantastic way to reinforce the learning.
As always, if you find this tip useful & helpful, do click Like and let me have your feedback in the comments.
Feel free to share if it will help others. Sharing is caring. 😉